Step into Lisaopolis:

Pennsylvania's Most Interesting Blog

16 Jänner 2007

What the "L"?

It's 3:52 AM and I am so totally still not back in East Coast synch. Which sucks, because it's total 'game on' tomorrow; starting the new semester should be real perky, being all sleep-depped and all. Suffice it to say that I did not rest at all on my red-eyes back from Seattle, and despite totally smooth connections and fact that I was seated in first class (how do I get myself into these predicaments?!), I am still...wiped out. And my sleep last night/today at home has been frought with absolutely freakish dreams and inconsistent sleep. WTF? Am I getting old? Perhaps I am recovering from spending really good quality time with people at home, away from it all, keepin' it real. Weird!

On another note, Season 4 of the L Word started: look, it's the little things. Fear not, I am not superfreaked about it as I have been in the past because I think some of the novelty of the 'dramedy' has started to wane. I guess here's my latest Most Interesting tidbit on the advent of S4: I have issues with the show's writers killing off my fave character and relationships, not to mention leaving several loose ends on storylines that never really seemed to make, well...sense? I guess the writers chalk it up to creative artistic license, just ignorning things, hoping they will go away (see: Lisaopolis' strategy when faced with telling a guy she's just really not interested because well, yeah it may sound mean but, when he aint got much to offer...). Damn, so I have to find a new show to get hooked on. I'm trying Grey's Anatomy but I can't commit. And the contestants on this season's Top Chef kind of annoy me. Thank goodness Little House on the Prairie will be in syndication for like...ever.

And the other thing is that adding "SHO" (Time to Show, you know the network, I'm scrambling the name in case they are looking for me...) to my basic, primarilyHomeshoppingAndSo-called-Christianwhackjobshows current cable package is ass-pensive. Especially as I have not figured out how much leverage I have in arguing with the cable comany that I don't really NEED to upgrade to digital cable to add SHO.

But alas, my above-mentioned tribulations have been mitigated by my recent finding (see? I knew my astute research skills would come in handy. Keep digging. Never give up!) that I can find new Season 4 eps, albeit post facto and in chunks, on a certain phenomenal website we all know and love. Word on the street is that it's recently been bought by Google, and its name rhymes with few-boob.

Rad!

SHO, you were REAL clever by posting the entire Season 4 opener on your official website but not including subsequent ones. Other networks do it. Harumpf! Please do not sue me for my newly found alternative sources of television entertainment, for I am but a poor graduate student, trying to save my money to change the world (one loan payment at a time...).

World, I apologize in advance if I turn out to be the reason all these Season 4 eps suddenly disappear from said website.

OK, and since I'm wired and can't sleep for thinking about how tired I am and how wigged out I'm gonna be all day when I have to work hard on just a few hours' sleep, je vous presente another groovy find from my quality online research. Oh my goodness, this is better than a seer, a fortune teller, a predictor of all things fabulous...

You Are A Martini

You are the kind of drinker who appreciates a nice hard drink.
And for you, only quality alcohol. You don't waste your time on the cheap stuff.
Obviously, you're usually found with a martini in your hand. But sometimes you mix it up with a gin and tonic.
And you'd never, ever consider one of those flavored martinis. They're hardly a drink!

2 Comments:

At 17 Jänner, 2007 09:44, Blogger tz said...

I'm a beer, and I don't like beer, strange. Have you checked out HOUSE, Hugh Laurie is great as a grumudgeon doctor and very politicaly incorrect.

 
At 20 Jänner, 2007 22:11, Blogger tz said...

DH came up as a martini too.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home