Step into Lisaopolis:

Pennsylvania's Most Interesting Blog

19 September 2005

Luck of the Draw

I think you will enjoy Cartoonists Without Borders!

If that shakes the bush too vigorously, then recall, dear reader, that no day is complete without a fly-by of Peter Pan's Pixyland. Check him out to see what's the haps. Thank goodness the CD is out. Remember to switch the music option to 'on' and make sure your speakers or headphones are in good working order when you first get to the main page.

OK, are you back now after checking him out? Is he not whimsical? Delightful? Perhaps a bit, oh, I don't know, freakish? I mean, I want to thank this guy for encouraging me to live my dreams while at the same I feel like I should sew him some sort of outfit or bake him cookies as a way to express my gratitude for showing me possible side effects of just too much acid. I'm using my deductive reasoning skills from 9th grade geometry to posit that this guy is probably one of those types who doesn't remember his 20's.

But what does that matter, when he's provided me with minutes and minutes of timewasting fun? The thing is, I've listened to some of the jazz guitar tracks he has on the site and he's damn good. And he says he donates his proceeds to kids' charities. So, while he initally seems 'odd', if it really is him playing, I say go for it, that's what music is all about, getting it out there and enjoying and not giving a hooey what bloggers like me may say about you in this medium. And if he's lifted the guitar tracks and is buying crack with anything he earns, well, then, more power to him for harnessing the anonymity of the internet/s. Weiter so! He is a contribution to the online world, this one is.

Your comments here, come on, you know you want to:

9 Comments:

At 20 September, 2005 11:50, Blogger Lisaopolis said...

i know, it's just so freaky it works. and the guy has tried to stay young, oh my. he's a research project desperately waiting to happen!!

 
At 21 September, 2005 18:54, Blogger Emily:) said...

Where do you find stuff like this? He's hysterical. I especially like the pics from his birthday pixie party. I love the goth pixies dancing around and smoking cigarettes. It does make me feel more normal though:)

 
At 21 September, 2005 19:02, Blogger Lisaopolis said...

having too much to do drives me towards finding 'interesting' websites, to dull the pain~;)

 
At 21 September, 2005 22:50, Blogger Lisaopolis said...

I hear a symposium coming on, which conference should we submit to?
We need to do a proj on this guy. Is there a methodological and/or analytical framework BIG enough? How to we narrow down our questions, to be unpacked through empirical data, in a manner fitting of Peter Pan in Pixyland? I can fly, I can fly!

I also noted, as an appreciator of Zestful Hosting and Manners, the wand jar, and found it to be an especially classy touch. I'm getting ideas...

One thing I really want to know more about is how he keeps his skin so young looking when he claims to be FIFTY ONE years of age. I mean, I know that regular skin and hair care is one key to being taken as a 25 year old when you're actually nearly a decade more, but this man is Liza-Minelli-Mysterious!

 
At 22 September, 2005 19:16, Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Okay, two things: 1. you are now linked to my blog--hope that's OK since I saw your link to mommymatic.
2. I can't decide if I am disturbed or entertained by the Peter Pan site. PP has always skeeved me out, but the guy definitely does love his inner child. And is not afraid to cover it in spandex (you have to check out the fashion pages...little lord fauntleroy, seriously?). Jay, however, has been scarred by the "onesie" reference in the blue dancer pic and will probably have to be gently coaxed back into dressing Davis in what we will now be calling "one-piece body suits." LOL

 
At 22 September, 2005 21:44, Blogger Lisaopolis said...

of course it's ok:) I saw your link to mine so put your link on mine, and thus blog worlds keep merging, kewlness!

I am also a bit irked by the LLF onesies. And by his page-boy hairdo which never seems to MOVE . Regardless, I remain intrigued by his 'fashion' pages because some of those numbers are just so darn ballet-tastic. I have to remind myself 'that's a 51 year old man, expand your expectations, work with it!'

Hmmm, how do the J Boys feel about velveteen? heheh...

 
At 28 September, 2005 17:25, Blogger Gina Grace said...

Screw it, I'm going all in with the Lord Fauntleroy look this year. Anyone have any tights I can borrow??

 
At 28 September, 2005 17:54, Blogger Gina Grace said...

Okay, so I'm back, and I've just been to his site, and I'm beggig you, PLEADING with you to tell me PLEASE- what the hell tracks were you referring to when you said that some of his jazz guitar was really "damn good"?

Yikes. There is nover an excuse for a few things in this world. Domestic violence is one. This guy is another. No. I will not accept him as "okay."

 
At 30 September, 2005 08:46, Blogger Lisaopolis said...

I think I was high on Pixy dust when I wrote that, woops!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home